2021 Cannabis Labs Virtual Conference: May Program
Click here to watch the recording
qPCR vs Plating: Which is Right for Your Lab?
- Heather Ebling, Manager of Applications and Support, Medicinal Genomics
In this session, Heather Ebling compares the differences between molecular and culture based microbial testing, explains the advantages and disadvantages of each method and guides attendees through how to evaluate the two different microbial testing methods.
TechTalk: What can qPCR do for your Laboratory?
- Nick Lawson, Field Application Scientist, Medicinal Genomics
The Cannabis Laboratory Accreditation Panel
- Tracy Szerszen, President & Operations Manager, Perry Johnson Laboratory Accreditation (PJLA)
- Dimitrios Katsieris, Sr. Global Manager, Testing Laboratories & Food Accreditation Programs, IAS
- Jason Stine, Sr. Director of Accreditation, ANAB
- Anna Williams, Accreditation Supervisor, A2LA
- Kathy Nucifora, Chief Operating Officer, COLA
This panel, moderated by CIJ editor Aaron Biros, goes in-depth into the new ISO/IEC 17025:2017 version, changes from the 2005 version, the new transition timeline mandated by ILAC, common challenges labs face when getting accredited and much more.
TechTalk: Your Results Are Only as Accurate as Your Reference Standard
- Michael Hurst, Global Product Manager- Reference Materials, MilliporeSigma
TechTalk: Columbia Laboratories
- Kelly O’Connor, Client Service Representative, Columbia Labs
Don’t Hold Your Breath: Smoke/Vapor Analysis & Quantifying Quality
- Markus Roggen, Ph.D., Complex Biotech Discovery Ventures
Dr. Roggen details his method, sample prep and protocols for smoke and vapor analysis. He discusses the chemical changes that occur when cannabis products are burned or vaporized, how testing of aerosols and gasses are performed and what smoke tests can tell us and how they might better shape product development.
TechTalk: Hardy Diagnostics
- Jessa Youngblood, Food & Beverage Marketing Coordinator/Cannabis Industry Specialist, Hardy Diagnostics
Progress in Creating Standards and Standard Methods for the Cannabis Community
- Scott Coates, Senior Director, AOAC Research Institute
- Christopher Dent, Manager for Standards Development & Official Methods of Analysis, AOAC International
This presentation provides an overview of how standards are developed and used, how Official Methods for cannabis are developed as well as training opportunities and proficiency testing.
TechTalk: An Introduction to COLA’s ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Accreditation Service
- Kathy Nucifora, MPH, MT(ASCP), Chief Operating Officer, COLA