2021 Cannabis Labs Virtual Conference: September Program
Hemp & Delta-8 in the United States: The Evolution of the Hemp Testing Market
- Charles Deibel, President & CEO, Deibel Labs, Inc.
In this session, Charles Deibel discusses the current state of affairs across the country with respect to hemp testing. This includes a look at hemp testing rules at the state and federal level. He also provides an in-depth analysis on delta-8 THC and the controversy surrounding this cannabinoid, how to analyze samples of it and why the market has exploded around this product.
TechTalk: Hardy Diagnostics
- Jessa Youngblood, Food & Beverage Marketing Coordinator, Cannabis Industry Specialist, Hardy Diagnostics
ISO 17025 Accreditation is NOT the Golden Ticket
- Kathleen May, Founder & Owner, Triskele Quality Solutions
This presentation discusses where the standard falls short, how poor lab practices may negatively impact the consumer and how poor or insufficient lab practices could result in regulatory action, including product recalls, fines, and loss of licenses.
- Melanie Ross, Technical Products Developer, ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB)
TechTalk: Columbia Labs
- Kelly O’Connor, Sales Director Key Accounts, Columbia Labs
Pesticides in Hemp: Challenges and Solutions
- Grace Bandong, Business Unit Manger for Contaminants, Eurofins Food Chemistry Testing (EFCT)
This presentation takes a deep dive into understanding the requirements for pesticide testing, approaches to analysis and responding to regulatory requirements with extremely low LOQs.
TechTalk: Perkin Elmer
- Tim Cooper, Sr. Manager, Software Development, PerkinElmer
This presentation provides an overview of how standards are developed and used, how Official Methods for cannabis are developed as well as training opportunities and proficiency testing.
What to Expect When Opening a Lab in a New State
- Michael Kahn, Founder & CEO, MCR Labs
Kahn explores the lab’s role int he cannabis industry, the importance of knowing and understand state regulations and lessons for growing your lab while maintaining quality.