2021 Cannabis Cultivation Virtual Conference
Why CBD Companies Should Go Organic
- Brad Kelley, COO, Socati
This presentation delves into why consumers want organic products, why going organic is good for the CBD industry and what would it take to become a certified organic brand.
Rapid Potency Screening by Fourier Transform near/mid Infrared Spectroscopy – TechTalk sponsored by PerkinElmer
- Melanie Emmanuel, Sr. Sales Specialist, PerkinElmer
A Guidance on an Integrated Lifecycle of Designing a Cultivation Operation
- Gretchen Schimelpfenig, PE, Technical Director of Resource Innovation
- Brandy Keen, Co-Founder & Sr. Technical Advisor, Surna, Inc.
- Adam Chalasinski, Applications Engineer, Rough Brothers/Nexus Greenhouse Systems/Tetra
- David Vaillencourt, Founder & CEO, The GMP Collective
- Kyle Lisabeth, Vice President of Horticulture, Silver Bullet Water
Back by popular demand, this panel discussion is returning with the same cast of subject matter experts to foster a longer, more comprehensive dialogue on cultivation facility design. Designing a cannabis cultivation facility that can produce consistent quality cannabis, meets the demands of the business objectives (profit, time to market, scalability) and consumers and stays within budget and timelines has been a major pain point for new and seasoned business owners and growers. What appears on the surface as a simple proposition – build a structure, install HVAC and fertigation systems, hire a master grower, plant some seeds and watch the sea of green roll in — is anything but.
The Beginner’s Guide to Integrated Pest Management
- David Perkins, Founder, Floresco Consulting
This presentation goes into detail on everything you need to know to get started with integrated pest management. Learn about planning and designing your cultivation facility to minimize pest pressure, how to apply pesticides safely and lawfully and pest identification, as well as choosing the correct pesticides.
Starting from Scratch: Launching a Hemp Farm in Georgia
- Reginald “Reggie” Reese, Founder & CEO, The Green Toad Hemp Farm
- Dwayne Hirsch, President & Chief of Business Development, The Green Toad Hemp Farm
This presentation discusses how The Green Toad Hemp Farm started with an empty lot with no water, power or structures and turned the space into a productive vertically integrated hemp cultivation operation. Learn how to work with local and state regulations from this case study in Southeast Georgia and learn how to operate with friends, not enemies: How building partnerships with your community can ensure business success.